Prep Time: 25 minutes
Bake Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
purchased chocolate cookie crust
6 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
¼ tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 jar (15.5 ounces) BakeGood Cherry Pie Filling
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cups lightly sweetened whipped cream or your favorite whipped topping
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, flour and salt then whisk in the milk until smooth.
- Add butter and cook, whisking frequently, over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- As soon as the mixture starts to bubble, reduce heat to low and cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes, stirring a couple times, while the oven preheats to 350°F.
- Once the mixture has cooled, whisk in the egg until smooth (if the chocolate mixture is too hot, there’s a chance the egg will cook too quickly and scramble.)
- Place the cookie crust on a sheet pan and fill the crust with the chocolate filling, tapping the pan a few times on the counter to remove any bubbles.
- In a medium bowl, combine the BakeGood Cherry Pie Filling with 2 tablespoons sugar and spoon evenly on top of the chocolate filling.
- Bake 35 minutes until the filling is just set in the middle but still has a slight jiggle. Cool completely then refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Top with lightly sweetened whipped cream or your favorite whipped topping and garnish with chocolate shavings or mini chocolate chips. Serve cold. Pie can be baked and chilled up to 3 days in advance. Top with whipped cream the day of serving.